Test Your Knowledge on Power Entry Modules
Posted on 10/8/18 5:15 PM
Modules can play an important role in the design and development of the power entry segment of equipment.
There are several reasons to choose a module over individual components. The IEC 60320 C14 inlet is the most common means of connecting a detachable cord assembly to equipment. Once the cord is connected, other components are needed to control the electrical power to protect the equipment and the user. These individual components can create clutter on the equipment panel and a possible wiring problem on the inside. A module can help simplify the design by incorporating multiple power entry functions into one compact unit while providing various forms of protection and control.
Test Your Knowledge on Modules Offered by Interpower.
- Name five functions available in an Interpower module.
- Name four benefits available with using an Interpower module.
- Increased user safety: The risk of ___________ may be reduced when using a module because the design of most modules makes it necessary to remove the ___________ ___________ ___________ from the unit prior to making any changes (like fuse replacement and/or voltage selection).
- Lowered component management and costs: Decreasing the number of ___________ used in equipment can help reduce time and recording documentation for component and agency approvals. Materials, handling, and purchasing time are also reduced through reduction in ___________.
- Reduce assembly labor: Power entry modules can reduce ___________ ___________ ___________. The combination of several components into one package reduces the number of components that must be handled. ___________ ___________ ___________may be reduced due to less internal connections that need to be made.
- Saved panel space: Power entry modules combine several components into one panel mounting system, saving ___________ ___________. This reduces the mounting hold size, thus saving valuable ___________ on the mounting surface.
- Circuit protection can be in the form of a ___________ ___________ or a ___________.
- Power entry module filters may be available in ___________ or ___________ versions.
- Filters play an important part in equipment design, especially in ___________ ___________ and medical equipment applications. Interpower filtered modules are available with or without a ___________ ___________, typically specified in high frequency applications.
- RFI stands for: ___________ ___________ ___________
EMI stands for: ___________ ___________ ___________
|Assembly labor costs||High frequency||Metal shield||Standard|
|Circuit breaker||Increased user safety||Panel space||
|Circuit protection||Inlet||Power cord assembly||Voltage Selector|
|Components||Installation labor costs||Radio Frequency Interference|
|Filter||Inventory||Reduce assembly labor|
|Fuse||Lowered component management costs||Saved panel space|
See the complete line of Modules available at Interpower, plus Hospital-Grade Modules. See also the Featured Product page. For more information to determine which kind of module is best for a specific product design, contact Customer Service.
Interpower offers value-added services and free technical support. For further assistance, please see Interpower’s contact information below.